A simple, compact, high-strength overflow soakaway can be constructed using Stormbloc.
Stormbloc is a cellular block type structure for providing below ground surface water infiltration or storage systems. The unique advantage of Stormbloc over other crate type systems is the patented inspection/maintenance tunnel through each block. This tunnel allows for inspection with CCTV cameras, maintenance and cleaning if required. The blocks are supplied with connectors and endplates, and are installed within a geotextile wrapping, providing a straightforward solution to the need for overflow from the StormBank tank.
* Stormwater management / source control
* Housing developments
* New and existing developments
* Highway schemes
* Car parks
* SUDS projects (new and retro-fit).
* Soakaways / infiltration trenches
* Aquifer re-charge
* Storage for rainwater re-use and harvesting.
* Fully accessible for inspection and maintenance through the patented 222 mm x 570 mm tunnel within the blocks.
* High void ratio (95%) - high storage volume (an 800 mm x 800 mm x 660 mm block holds 0.401 m 3 of stormwater).
* Lightweight with high strength. Strong enough to be used under trafficked areas including roads and HGV areas.
* Zero instances of failure.
* BBA certification applied for.
* Simple and quick to install.